Sunday, August 30, 2009

Stinkin' Diary


So, Naomi is the queen of hilarious expressions! The other day we were reading a George and Martha book, and in the story Martha was writing in her diary, trying to keep its contents secret from a spying George. When we got to that part, Naomi asks me, “Mom, what’s a diary?” So I explain it to her.
A few days later, she holds up her notebook and says to her dad, “Hey Daddy, this is my diarrhea!!” When she told me later, I couldn’t help but crack up!


Then yesterday, we made her a PBJ with blackberry jam. Usually she gets strawberry jam, so this was something totally new and different. She took a bite, and with a really loud voice (what else is new) exclaims, “OH MAN! THIS…IS…AWESOOOOOME!!
I love how excited Naomi gets about stuff. I’m not sure really where she gets it from, as the rest of us are pretty mellow people. But I sure am glad to have her in the family; she brings the party on here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"An infinite question is often destroyed by finite answers. To define everything is to annihilate much that gives us laughter and joy."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet