Monday, September 7, 2009

Ruffle Sleeve Top in Pink

I saw this tutorial over at Sparkle Power for a Ruffle Sleeve Top and decided that I needed to make one for at least one of my girls. Then I saw this version of it over at MADE and decided that I wanted buttons on mine as well (to hide my messy stitches...and for cuteness). Below is my version for Mae, my 2 1/2 year old, using the 2T/3T measurements from the tutorial. I did not have any 1" elastic on hand, so I used 1/2" for the top and 1/4" for the ruffle sleeves. I added pockets and buttons, and, after many dumb mistakes (sewing late at night is not always a great idea--thank God for seam rippers), this is what I came up with.











Apologies for any poor image quality. I used the camera on my new phone, and I'm still getting used to it. Also, you may notice mistakes; that's because I'm pretty new at this whole sewing thing. I've never made pockets on anything before, so these I just kind of came up with using guesswork. Check out the original tutorial for great step by step instructions accompanied by photos. My little Mae Balloon was napping after a great first half of a day of potty training. No accidents yet! She's a trooper and has a bladder like her sister's--steel!

2 comments:

"An infinite question is often destroyed by finite answers. To define everything is to annihilate much that gives us laughter and joy."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet