Wednesday, September 16, 2009

DIY Hair Detangler

All of my little girls--at least the ones with hair--have very curly locks. Everytime we go out, everyone comments on how much they love their hair, their Shirley Temple curls, etc. But it takes a lot of effort, and sometimes tears to get those curls to curl and not just frizz out! I've tried wetting their hair and then combing it out and then putting mousse in it, but unless they've just had a bath and had their hair completely washed, it usually turns out like a frizzy kid-afro! And there are tears involved in the combing through countless tangles. I used to buy detangler, but it's so expensive for such a small amount that we use up so quickly, so finally this morning I figured there must be something I can make myself, since there are so many websites about how to make your own shampoo, conditioner, soap, oil treatments, etc. The result is so much easier than I expected. Just take a 9oz spray bottle, put one inch of conditioner in it, and then fill it the rest of the way with water. Shake it up and you're all ready to go! I'm going to try it out today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"An infinite question is often destroyed by finite answers. To define everything is to annihilate much that gives us laughter and joy."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet